Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC). WIC is a health and nutrition program serving:
• lower income pregnant and breastfeeding women
• women who have been pregnant within the last 6 months
• infants and children under five years of age
• grandparents, foster parents, or other legal guardians caring for children under the age of 5 years if they meet income eligibility limits and
• referrals to other community resources and health care providers Participation in WIC will NOT reduce benefits through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program. You don’t have to be enrolled in these or other programs to participate in WIC. Eligibility is based on income.