WIC (Women, Infant and Children) Federal Way Health Center 33431 13th Place S., Federal Way, WA 98003
County : King, WA
Phone Number : 206-477-6800
WIC is a supplemental food program for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants and children and also provides health screening, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding promotion and support, help getting other services and checks for nutritious foods.
Qualifications to be eligible for WIC
You live in Washington State
Have a medical or nutrition need, and;
- You are pregnant, a new mother, or have a child under five years of age
- Foster children under age five and foster teens who are pregnant are income eligible for WIC.
- A woman who is pregnant is counted as a family of two. If she is having twins, she is counted as a family of three.
- Meet the income guidelines:
- View the current statewide WIC income eligibility guideline chart
- Eligibility for the program is based on gross monthly income and nutritional need. A household is defined as a group of related or non-related individuals, who usually, although not necessarily, are living together and share income. Gross income is income before taxes and deductions. Your family may still be eligible even if you are working, a single parent or receiving SNAP assistance.
- If you receive Basic Food Program benefits, Medical Assistance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) you are income eligible for WIC
How WIC foods are provided
- Many local grocery stores accept WIC checks.
- WIC checks are valued at approximately $100 for a family of two per month and are exchanged for nutritious foods.
- Foods that are high in protein, calcium, iron, or vitamins A & C such as:
- Baby food
- Peanut butter
- 100% fruit juice with vitamin C
- Dried peas and beans
- Cereals fortified with iron
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Infant cereal
- Iron fortified baby formula (for babies who are not breastfed)
- Tuna and carrots for women fully breastfeeding with babies
- Whole grains