Virginia Mason Medical Centers 1100 9th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
Virginia Mason’s main campus in the First Hill neighborhood of Seattle is referred to as Virginia Mason Hospital and Seattle Medical Center.
Virginia Mason includes:
- Physicians – Virginia Mason Medical Center includes a multispecialty group practice of more than 470 physicians employed by the organization, offering primary care and a broad range of specialty care.
- Hospitals – Virginia Mason operates an acute care hospital in Seattle, licensed for 336 beds, which includes one of the region’s busiest emergency departments, and a 226-bed hospital in Yakima, Wash.
- Clinics – The health system includes a network of clinics in the central Puget Sound region and the Yakima area.
- Research – Scientists at Benaroya Research Institute seek new treatments for autoimmune diseases like type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and lupus.
- AIDS Care – Bailey-Boushay House serves patients with HIV/AIDS and those who need end-of-life care for cancer, Huntington’s disease, ALS and other conditions.
- Philanthropy – Virginia Mason Foundation is the fund-raising division of the health system and operates with a volunteer board of directors.
- Transforming Health Care – Virginia Mason Institute provides education, training and executive coaching in the Virginia Mason management method — the Virginia Mason Production System — to other organizations and health care providers.
- Collaboration – Virginia Mason works cooperatively with other health care organizations in the region and has a clinical partnership and strategic affiliation with CHI Franciscan Health.