Early Head Start (EHS) is a program for families on a limited income with children from birth to three years old and pregnant women. Early Head Start partners with families to promote the growth and development of infants and toddlers, resulting in school readiness prior to entry into kindergarten.
The types of services offered at Early Head Start are:
- Activities to strengthen the parent-child relationship
- Developmental screenings and assessments
- Family goal-planning
- Fun learning opportunities for children and families
- Health, nutrition, and mental health referrals
- Individual services based on family strengths
- Materials and support that respect family culture
- Parenting classes and leadership opportunities
- Twice-monthly Play and Learn groups
- Weekly home visits
Early Head Start provides services in the school districts and surrounding communities of Arlington, Granite Falls, Marysville, and Sultan.
Year-round services are provided through weekly home visits and socialization groups twice per month. In Marysville, classroom experiences are available for toddlers.
Early Head Start enrolls pregnant women and families with children up to 30 months of age. Families are income-eligible if their total income is less than 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Families with infants and toddlers with a diagnosed disability or other special need may still be eligible even if they are over income limits. Families who are homeless according to the McKinney-Vento Act, receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or have a foster child, are categorically eligible.
How to Apply
- Call our main office at 425-388-6439
- Prepare an application form ahead of the call:
Resources & Additional Information
For Program Information, please call 425-388-6439
View a copy of the Early Head Start flyer: