From emergency shelter, food, and help paying your heating bill, to help getting a job, planning a more secure future for your family, or a ride to the doctor, Hopelink can help you. All five of our service centers provide a network of programs and services that will enable you to make use of only one service – such as twice-monthly food bank visits – or a combination of services, such as food, help with utility bills and help learning English for Work. The goal is to help you gain stability and exit poverty for good.
For more information on each of our programs, click here to view our program guide.
Hopelink has formed a partnership with WorkSource Washington. WorkSource is the state’s one-stop workforce development system. It’s made up of a network of organizations that are focused on helping job seekers find rewarding employment, education and training opportunities.
Through this partnership, Hopelink now has a WorkSource Connection Site at all five of our centers. These sites are separate workstations within each center that offer:
- A computer with direct access to the the WorkSource Washington website.
- Easy-to-use instructions on how to navigate the website.
- Hardware and software to print materials, stream training videos, etc.
- News about job posting, hiring fairs and other announcements to keep jobseekers informed of career growth opportunities in their community.
- Staff support to help job seekers create a WorkSource account, complete WorkSource orientation online, search job listings and much more!