For over a decade, Evergreen Recovery Centers has been serving our clients and the community through a short-term anger management class, as well as through a comprehensive program for domestic violence in Everett, WA.
Domestic Violence Perpetrator Treatment
This program is for persons who attempt to gain power and control over another through intimidation, isolation, emotional manipulation, coercion, threats, and physical violence. This is a year-long program of education, group therapy, and individual counseling. The program is certified by the DSHS Children’s Administration.
Goals of the program are:
- Safety of victims of domestic violence and the community at large
- Cessation of all violent, controlling, or abusive acts
- Recognition of patterns and beliefs underlying abusive behavior
- Implementation of effective communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Consistent display of non-violent, non-controlling, and non-abusive behaviors
- A workable plan to insure the safety of others